Sunday, February 9, 2020

Hunters - from fashion to floods




I wouldn't be able to make this up. 
So here are some photos. 

About 4-5 years ago, Myer used to hold a $99 on all boots for a day at the end of each winter season. Sometimes there were exclusions. Hunter was excluded sometimes. But not that year. 

So I bought them even though I am not a boot girl. 
I have 3 pairs of boots excluding the Hunters. I have over 400 pairs of shoes. Definitely not a boot girl. 

My intention was to wear them as fashion items. Skinny tucked in jeans, jacket, cashmere turtleneck. Too easy. 

Today was the first day I wore them. Because the back yard was flooded, almost to the back door and I wanted to try & check if some drains were blocked. Calf deep water. Perfect for Hunters despite the more noble intentions I had for them at the start.



So I put them on. 

That's when I noticed the following:

The right boot was a right foot.
The left boot was a right foot also.

It gets better. 

Each boot was a slightly different style. One has the strap on the back. The other has the strap on the side. The toe caps differed. The tread differed. The left right foot was slightly greyer than the right right foot. 



The left was a 39.
The right was a 40. The box was for the 40. 

Oh dear. 




For their first outing in the flooded back yard, they did fine although my left big toe was rubbing & wasn't quite happy. 

What killed me was taking them off. It took a few minutes to do the right foot, but I was fighting with the left foot (the left right foot) for half an hour. 

So I got a scissors & cut it open. 


What a complete mess. Crimes against Hunters.  

HINT: If you have something for 4-5 years, unworn, own up to the mistake & get rid of it. 

      

No comments:

Post a Comment