Monday, September 10, 2012

The STYLE FORMULA



A while back someone told me that there was a FORMULA for STYLE.

This sounded strange - I had always thought of style as an ART not a FORMULA.

Until they explained.....

"Cheap, Fast, Good.
You can only have two out of three."

yeah, OK...please elaborate...

Generally, when buying clothing, accessories and homewares, you can only have two of those three characteristics. It's up to you to decide which two of the three you want.

1. If you want something cheap and fast, you will have to compromise on quality.

2. If you want something cheap and good, you will have to compromise on fast (ie: you wont be able to find it quickly - you'll need to take time to find it).

3. If you want something fast & good, you will have to compromise on price (ie: you wont be able to find it cheap).

It's very hard to find exceptions to this FORMULA. 

Does the STYLE FORMULA make sense to you?

I know that most of the time I pick good & cheap & I take my time finding it....

Which two elements do you normally go for?

  

No comments:

Post a Comment