I am a believer in you get what you pay for.
Occasionally, there is an exception to this rule.
Today I found one exception.
A long sleeve cardi in the Coles Mix Apparel range.
In black & in white
In 100% cotton with a slub finish.
|No hanger appeal, but it does have body appeal.|
This is a casual cardi you can throw on at the last minute when nothing else is handy. In fact, I'd keep one in the car & another near the exit door at home.
Stylewise is has a number of pluses:
1. 100% cotton
2. It has texture - a slub look. This helps to hide any wear & tear such as pills or pulls.
3. The slub look replicates the look of a linen knit - a more expensive look.
4. It has a deep vee front - the vertical lines of the vee are slimming.
5. It has buttons at a close distance from each other, so when it's done up, it doesnt gape open.
6. It has serious vertical lines when you leave it open - slimming city.
7. It has long sleeves but feels light - a perfect layering piece over a top & under a jacket.
8. The button holes are nicely finished
Conclusion: Check it out.
I bought it in black.
The Mix site is calling it a "tie front cardi"...that is an error, it is a button front.