Lula is a PLUS SIZE brand at David Jones. It's a brand which reader Kathleen has advised SIA is terrific. SIA agrees.
Here are a few of the summer pieces remaining at the Castle Hill store, all reduced.
First, the cross front shirt - the lines on this distract the eye from lumps & bumps.
Obviously wear with a singlet top or cami underneath & it doesnt have to be nude, white or black. Try a pop of red.
2. The pleather band on the hem makes this frock directional. A leather belt mimicking the band, helps to pull the look together.
3. Wear this as an open trench style jacket with a loose opening with the tie. The ruffles create vertical lines.
4. Under no circumstances attempt this next one.
Just because its made by a plus size label, doesnt mean its suitable. All this creates is a giant monoboob and a fat torso.
5. This is a sharp piece. Try it open or closed with a cami or tank underneath. Ideally those "arrows" created under the bust should be placed under the bust. If they are sitting on the girls, put it back.
6. A lovely piece with its own detachable cami. Love the low neckline to break up any monoboob.
7. Love this. Again, the fit is crucial.
8. Another lovely
9. This is a throw on soft kaftan.
10. Love the neckline on this shift with the black binding around a sweetheart neckline.
11. A stretch number with a mock wrap skirt & a side ruffle.
12. Love this - easy to wear, but add a 3cm wide belt. Love the dense flowers around the upper-middle to emphasise the waist.
13. This looked a bit lary in the store. But when you're in the changeroom, one more frock isnt going to kill you.
14. A very simply cut shift whose neckline brings the eye upward. That's what we want ladies.
15. What's not to love?
16. This is a bit tent-ish, but the colours were gorgeous.
17. A ponte fabric with a terrific neckline. Would have preferred a slightly longer sleeve, but still worth trying on with a cardi or jacket. Fab for work.
See anything you like?