Saturday, January 12, 2013

My new favourite things from Target

I am a big believer in "you get what you pay for".
So generally I would rather go naked than buy super chap stuff.

Occasionally there are exceptions. 

My bumming around the house clothes are one of these exceptions - but ONLY when they meet all the "Valerie criteria". the Valerie criteria means they have to tick all the boxes in most respects.

Case in point: Target Hot Options tank.




Why does this work for me?


1. Despite being Hot Options, it is made in large sizing (woo, hoo)
2. The white is stark white, not off white
3. The pink is a cool pink (even though it looks like peach in the photo)
4. The contrast in mint is cute and not too much (since mint doesnt suit me).
5. It has slimming side features - via the diagonal side insets and the  way the vertical overlocked seams at the sides comes in toward the centre front (rather than being completely vertical).
6. Its 100% cotton - I love natural fibres.
7. I love it, I love it, I love it.

I hate the green glitter buttons with the gold bezel, but I can change those. 

This was new stock, it fit well, but they didnt have it in any other colours. Hint: Good piece = buy multiples.

Next case in point:

Target chiffon navy peasant style top with flower & bird prints.
This is old stock which sold well.
I finally succumbed.



Why does this work for me?


1. I love complementary prints
2. I love navy. If it was widely available, navy would be my black.
3. The neckline was low & flattering - this can be tricky especially with a kaftan/peasant top.
4. Its 100% poly & I am hoping it doent pull like crazy.
5. If it does pull, it's cheap as chips, so be it.
6. It was my size...hahah...that helps.
7. I love it, I love it, I love it.


Moral of this post: 

Everything you buy needs to flatter your figure & flatter your complexion. That's a given. 

It must also be your NEW FAVOURITE THING. If you arent wanting to wear it everywhere you go, put it back on the rack & go home. Fast. 





No comments:

Post a Comment