Thursday, June 30, 2011

Shoes - strong woman or ladylike?


I became an aunty today!

My new niece is a pair of Michel Perry shoes.

Backtracking a bit, I have been helping a friend shop for her wedding dress.

She is a petite Asian girl so she needs the traditional (white-ish) dress, a tea ceremony dress & a reception dress. 1 event, 3 dresses & all the extras that go with 3 dresses.....How cool!

We found a beautiful reception dress this week. But I am bound to secrecy. However I am sure she will let me say that it was pretty as well as elegant and classy. An amazing combination and it was TDF on her.

Today we found the shoes. A stunning pair of Michel Perrys. Thats all I will say - but I am SO excited about my new nieces!!!! Until early next year, my lips remain sealed.

I did some research on Michel Perry as a result of my new family and found some photos of their cousins.

PLEASE NOTE THAT ABSOLUTELY NONE OF THE PHOTOS EVEN REMOTELY RESEMBLE MY NIECES AS I AM SWORN TO SECRECY.

Although not a household name outside France, the designer has a hardcore following among serious shoe nuts. He has even been the shoemaker to French presidents (former presidents Jacques Chirac, Francois Mitterand and the very dapper Valery Giscard-d'Estaing were all clients).

Michel Perry actually wanted to become a painter and studied for a time at l'Ecole des Beaux Arts de Mons in Belgium before joining his family's shoe distribution business. Perry likens a woman's shoes to "lingerie that you can see" ("C'est de la lingerie qui se voit."). Words to warm every shoe lover's heart.

In 2007/2008 he celebrated his 20th anniversary as a shoe designer this year.

Here are some of the cousins.....


Spectator pump - for work, races - so ladylike....





Cherry strappy heel - creative work industry or races....





Strong, solid & reliable Mary Jane type, great for work!





Strong, solid and reliable with a cute pop of colour!





Great combo of colours for a picnic....on the red carpet.......





WHAT DO YOU LIKE BETTER?
THE STRONG "I AM WOMAN" STYLES?
OR THE MORE LADYLIKE STYLES?

1 comment:

  1. To find the best shoes in the world, go to the blog of woman shoes highly recommended.

    ReplyDelete