Wednesday, July 17, 2013

WIW: Gotta love a textured scarf



The whole point of today's outfit was the scarf.

but from the top....

The sweater & top



A Sussan wool blend I found on the sale rack for $29 I think.
I have worn it quite a bit lately - it hangs nicely & doesnt cling. Gotta love that. 

The top is a Coles Mix white tank with a back zip. Very Celine. So practical for layering. $12 I think. I also have quite a few in black, one in pink (without the zip) & one in navy (without the zip).

The jeans


Grey Not Your Daughter's Jeans which have an unintended hole in them which I need to stitch up. Note to self.

The scarf 


The Alan Gallacher UK merino wool felt scarf. From the recycled shop, The Frock Exchange for $110, it is a dark grape colour with pale blue accents which go back to the sweater colour.

The accents are baubles all over the body & on the tips of the fringe. It also has slits all over it which was another part of the appeal for me. 

Love this scarf.

The necklaces




The triple circle Zambesi silver necklace, $95 at a warehouse sale at their store in Paddington.

A long bead necklace with a Greek coin, $30 from Favourite Things By in Beecroft.

The necklace with the gold balls was originally on a gold yucky looking chain from Ojay for $30. I used pliers to move the balls to a sterling chain which looks much nicer. The silver chain was about $50. The mixed metal thing works for me - its versatile.

The shoes



Nappa navy ballet flats. Very old. Very expensive 
But worn & loved with lots more life in them. 

See you tomorrow, where I go back to suits & heels.

No comments:

Post a Comment