Tuesday, July 9, 2013

WIW: Miyake meets Zara fluro



The jacket


Its probably typical of me to select an Issey Miyake jacket in black & in the most classic style of all.



Purchased in New York's Tribeca store, if you are familiar with Miyake's pleated numbers, you'll know they are 100% breathable polyester. Wearable year round. 

The making is unique because the fabric is cut pre-pleating & then put through a heat roller process to be pleated.

Best of all, the pleats are permanent & the fabric is drip dry. 

The pants



I didnt need a suit by any means today, so I grabbed my Target cotton pants. I wore them rolled up even thought its winter - I liked the more relaxed look than wearing them full length. 

The top




The tee was a Zara neon linen with a sheer bottom & asymmetrical hem. It's sleeves were sewn rolled up but every time I ironed it, they would distort & not sit flat. So I unpicked them and let them fall flat.

The scarf




I picked up the neon red/pink of the necklace (see below) with the same highlight on a Diesel fringed scarf which I had bought at an Ozsale sale for $5.

The necklaces





The shorter brassy one is a kaleidoscope from The Bead Shop in Newton which also sells jewellery. It was < $200 and you actually see all the spinning colours when you turn the two barrels on the end. Fabulous conversation starter. 



The red butterfly also picks up the neon red/pink in the short necklace. Its a fob watch from Kaboodle which sell as stalls in shopping malls. They are $29 and come in many patterns.




The short necklace is a nylon stretchy thing which is technically for holding eye glasses. Its a French brand called LaLoop and the clasp is sterling silver. I found it at a Belinda sale a few years ago for $90. I dont see this brand around in Sydney much, but I did see it on the Upper East Side in New York alot.



The rings


An Alexander McQueen skull ring in enameled stainless steel for $110 from the Meatpacking District store in new York and a silver woven look ring for $65.

The bracelets


I grabbed a few including my beloved Bottega.

The shoes


Black flat loafer with a short vamp. By The Car Shoe which is a division of Tod's. From the Luisa Sale which happens in Sydney twice a year. Get on the mailing list - its a great sale.

The book

Did you notice the book?
Its a collection of essays analysing shopping but its a bit boring. It makes me feel like I am studying law again. Need to find something else fast. 

See you tomorrow when I wear ....a skirt!


No comments:

Post a Comment