Wednesday, May 1, 2013

What I Wore: Clumpy jacket meets clumpy shoes



The jacket




A Comme des Garcons from AW 2010/2011 from Saks Fifth Avenue in New York.





By a Japanese designer, Rei Kawakubo, who owns the company with her husband Adrian Joffe. They show in Paris. 

If there is anything weird about my closet (apart from the bold costume jewellery), its my love of the quirky shapes of the Japanese designers. Case in point. 

Comme Des Garcons written in Japanese translates to French for "Like Boys".

Saw it & fell in love.

100% black wool, fully lined.

Love the puffy cotton bits - great for pears like me.





& it was < $1K, at 30% off.

Look! It even has under arm air conditioning! Too weird. Too much love.




Too sweet.

The tee is a Coles Mix Apparel tee for $9.

The pants are from Target for $15. 

The scarf





A Sonia Rykiel 100% wool from Christine in Melbourne.
If you're down there, pop into that accessory heaven of a place. Its divine with all the best brands in the world, like Lanvin, Etro, YSL, the list goes on. 

This scarf alternates black & charcoal stripes, the ends are beautifully finished & it has a wool rosette on it - which is really what sold it to me. 

However the rosette is right at the middle of the scarf, so when I hang it on my neck, I need to position it so its sitting above a boob. But when i do that the scarf is very unevern & looks like it needs adjusting. I plan to unstitch it & restitch it further long, but its on a very long to-do list.

The bling

A jacket like this needs chunky jewellery, if any.
These two rings did the job well, mimicking the padding on the jacket.





The shoes



$40 from Wittner (see previous What I Wore for details)

With the pant hems rolled up, this creeper looks perfect with the jacket (which is also clumpy).

http://www.styleintoaction.blogspot.com.au/2012/05/shoes-get-ready-for-creepers-and.html




No comments:

Post a Comment